I feel it is important for me to share what PeerCube offers before I talk about how PeerCube came about.
What PeerCube offers?I will be upfront. PeerCube is optimized for how I and Mrs. RT make loan selection and lending decisions. I hope that PeerCube provides value to fellow lenders, too. We focused on two areas of loan filtering and loan review.
Personalized Loan Filters
- Ability to create, load and delete custom loan filters available at one location.
- Load a saved filter, adjust any of the 29 parameters, and save the resulting filter as a new filter.
- Filtered results showing loans meeting a filter criteria, high level information about the filtered loans and a Detail button to view the loan details, funding progress and peer insights.
Collaborative Decision Making
- Review top peer rated loans, your recent reviewed loans, and loans with most peer opinions at one location.
- Rate loans, share your opinion and review peer rating and opinions
A few screen captures from PeerCube website are shown at the end of this blog post for your review.
How PeerCube came about?The credit for the idea seed that grew into PeerCube goes to Mrs. RT. As she wrote in her blog post Filtering the Currently Available Loans, she wasn't impressed with the loan selection process through Lending Club website as well as through CSV download that I was using.
She thought both processes were slow and took too much of time commitment versus the amount to be invested. She suggested I look into automating the loan selection process with couple of her requirements in mind:
- Avoid downloading the CSV file for currently available loans and inserting the custom filters on the columns to filter loans every time we decide to review available loans for investment.
- Avoid the need to save the filter criteria in a separate document that is referred to create custom filters, every time we download new CSV file for currently available loans.
Mrs. RT likes to select loans and decide on investing together as mentioned in her post Let's do Lending Club night!. When we couldn't hold Lending Club night several times due to scheduling conflict, it was clear we needed "virtual" Lending Club nights to continue investing. So a new requirement of collaborative decision making and opinion sharing was tacked on to the original project.
Mrs. RT was so excited with peer to peer lending and Lending Club that she couldn't stop talking about it with her friends, doctor, hair dresser and everybody else who will listen. Naturally, some people expressed interest in learning more and requested access to our project. Such requests along with complexity of using VPN to access home server remotely, it became clear that this web service needed to be hosted at a web hosting company with public access. So a new requirement of user authentication and management was tacked on to the original project requirements. And, the final result is PeerCube as it stands today at www.peercube.com.
As a fellow peer to peer lender, all readers are invited to use this free service. Your feedback and suggestions for improvement and new features are most welcome through blog comments, Contact Us page at this blog and Contact page at PeerCube.
Screen Capture #1: Create, load and delete custom loan filters
Screen Capture #2: Adjust any of the 29 loan parameters
Screen Capture #3: Filtered Results
Screen Capture #4: Loan Review
Screen Capture #5: Peer Insights
Disclaimer: PeerCube is not endorsed by, owned by or affiliated with Lending Club, Prosper, and any other peer to peer lending platform.